SLCTRIMS is an independent Sri Lankan professional organisation that facilitates communication and creates synergies among clinicians and scientists to promote and enhance research, understanding and improve clinical outcomes in multiple sclerosis & related disorders
To facilitate communication, create synergies, and promote and enhance research and learning among professionals for the ultimate benefit of people affected by MS and related disorders.
To works with researchers and clinicians and with other organisations that share similar missions and objectives on a worldwide scale. Creating networking and collaboration opportunities with the ultimate goal of improving basic and clinical research and clinical outcomes in MS & related disorders.
SLCTRIMS is a professional organisation dedicated to the understanding, research and treatment of multiple sclerosis and related disorders in Sri Lanka
- Provides leadership in the field of multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases.
- To create greater awareness.
- To improve diagnostic capabilities.
- To play an advisory role in dealing with policy makers.
- To provide best available care to our patients
- To facilitate communication, promote and enhance research and learning among professionals on MS and related conditions.
- To improve networking and collaboration opportunities with similar international organisations.To support and promote basic clinical research and clinical outcomes in MS and related disorders in Sri Lanka.
- To support education and teaching opportunities for professionals that enhance their ability to deliver quality clinical care.
- Creating awareness about these neurological entities amongst medical professionals.
- To act as professional representatives on matters relating to these disorders – when dealing with health care providers.
- To organise annual congresses.
- To organise workshops and related teaching activities to improve education.
- To encourage young researchers in the field of MS by promoting learning, training and exchange programs.
- To establish National and Regional MS & related disorders registries.
- To develop updated guidelines pertaining to diagnosis and management of MS and related disorders in Sri Lanka.
General full membership is open to all board certified Neurologists in Sri Lanka with similar interests. Only life membership is available in this category. Senior registrars in neurology, paediatric neurology and clinical neurophysiology can register as associate members and later obtain full membership after board certification.